It’s common to hear a lot of patients ask how Invisalign treatment is going to modify their lifestyle when starting the treatment. They think about the aligners been worn about 22 hours a day. It’s normal to worry about your lifestyle. However, preparation is of great importance here.
Getting to know the doings and affairs will help to maintain your social lifestyle. Such affairs include sleeping properly, eating and drinking, pains, public appearance, kissing and so on. You need to realize this is a treatment that needs complete compliance throughout its course.
How to Ease the Pains.
Some people complain about pains in the course of an Invisalign treatment, while its severe for some, some only feel little pains. For some, it is it’s just their gums getting irritated by the rough edges as a result of fixing and removal of aligners from the mouth, which can lead to an ulcer. That is why it is important to have your Invisalign with a professional healthcare. Oracare Centre Dentaire is a good place to look for such.
- Swap to new aligner before going to bed – the pains of having to change to a new aligner exactly at bedtime would have lessened or stop.
- When you notice sore in your gums and teeth, steer clear of crunchy and chewy meals.
- Make use of cold compresses outside the mouth.
- Suck on ice only when you have the aligners out of your mouth.
- Inform your dentist about the rough edges, to have them correct its placements.
- Ever in pains, quickly see your dentist.
Reduce sleep interruptions
Sleep is highly important for your brain to function well, during sleep time your teeth are not moving like in the day, so this is the main time healing in your tooth takes place. Make sure you are not interrupted during bedtime. Although having the aligners in your mouth might keep you uncomfortable and unable to get sleep.
- Sleep on your back while facing up, so the saliva in your mouth decreases.
- Try to breathe through your nose and not through your mouth
- Speak to your dentist if you are finding it harder to adapt to this new lifestyle.
Eat what you want
You can eat whatever you want during the treatment, this is thanks to the removable aligners.
- Before each food, make sure you brush and floss and repeat after the meal.
- Always have a case for your aligners with you wherever you go.
- Make sure you have your toothbrush, floss, and mouthwash with you, this will keep your mouth fresh and kissable.