Who doesn’t like white teeth? Well, all of us. However, our lifestyle and bad eating habits convert our teeth into a yellowish shade. Here in this blog, we will talk about everything related to teeth whitening. Why do our teeth turn yellow? Why teeth’s whitening is not a good option? What should we do after teeth whitening? And what are the natural ways to whiten your teeth? So let’s get going www.nicersmile.com.
Causes for Teeth turning Yellow:
Teeth turn yellow due to wearing out of enamel and dentin coming out. Teeth stains can be categorized into extrinsic stains and intrinsic stains. Extrinsic teeth stains are caused due to external factors such as:
- Drinking alcohol, wine, coffee, colas
- Foods progonist for developing acids like chocolates , soya sauce curries also enhance the process.
- Eating fruits rich in chromogens such as grapes, beets, and pomegranates
Intrinsic stains occur from the inner structure of the tooth:
- Due to severe medication
- Due to genetics, age, illness, and injuries.
- Due to chemotherapy
Side effects of Teeth Whitening:
There are no side effects of dental whitening as such but there are some specific areas where the teeth whitening treatment do not affect:
- Teeth whitening has no effects on the dental restorations such as the crowns, the veneers, and the bridges. So if you have to undergo any such restoration, its best to go for whitening after that.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women are recommended not go for teeth whitening
- The commendable age for teeth whitening is anywhere between 17-65. people below or above that age are advised to avoid the treatment
- Aanyone with the issues of cavities, receding gums, nerves damaged or any teeth issues should not go for teeth whitening
- People with sensitive teeth should at no cost go for teeth whitening
- Teeth whitening do not yield drastic results to smokers
Precautions after tooth whitening treatment:
- Do not brush your teeth atleast in 30 minutes from the treatment. this will lead white spots on your teeth as the whitening agents could not work well
- It’s best to use tooth brush with medium hard bristle. Brush should be swiped at a 45 degree angle accompanied with a fluoride-based toothpaste after the treatment
- Avoid eating or drinking too hot or too cold item to control the sensitivity
- eat white food that will abstain your teeth from staining such as rice, chicken, banana, eggs, cashew,etc and avoid foods like coffee, wine sauce, chocolate,etc
- See your dentist regularly after the treatment
- Do not use lipstick
- Do not smoke
Natural remedies for teeth whitening:
teeth whitening is an excellent idea except that it can cost you a bomb. here are a few routine y=things that you can follow at your home to keep your teeth white as pearls
- Eating natural food
- Coconut oil pulling
- Brush with a solution of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
- Maintain oral hygiene